TMA’s Find a Doctor tool, offered through a partnership with MediFind, is a great place to start your search for a physician with experience in treating the different types of myositis.

To get started, enter your condition and the city/town where you live. You can adjust the radius to give you a larger list of providers to choose from.

Look for the doctor’s expertise tier: elite (the most expert), distinguished, advanced, and experienced (the least expert). Be aware that because myositis is a rare disease, you won’t find an elite expert in every city or town. In many places, you may only find a doctor who is “experienced.”

To learn more about how a provider’s tier rating is determined and other FAQs, click here:

TMA’s most elite experts are also designated as “Recognized by TMA.”

To get started, click here:

5 comments on “TMA’s Find a Doctor tool just got better!”

  1. 1
    Jane Yaussy on February 14, 2024

    Hello ,
    I have been diagnosed with MCTD . It has turned into Dermatomyositis, but I need a muscle biopsy to confirm. My Rheumatologist has not been helpful . Is there anyone in Boise , Idaho specialized in Myositis who could perform a muscle biopsy . Or in Seattle or Salt Lake City ?

  2. 2
    John Wolfenden on February 15, 2024

    I had a terrible muscle cramps and bruising in my thighs. Thought I would die it was so painful. Can’t find a doctor who has any idea of the disease. Is this normal symptoms what can I expect going forward

    1. 3
      Linda Kobert on February 15, 2024

      John, do you have myositis? What form? And where do you live?

  3. 4
    Jade Henley on March 10, 2024

    We need recommendations for speech therapy and pulmonologist. The speech therapist is very unfamiliar with this Dermamyositis. Is there anywhere we can find those recommendations on this site or is it just Rheumatology?

    1. 5
      Linda Kobert on March 10, 2024

      Hello Jade, we are looking into whether our Find a Doctor tool can help identify other healthcare providers besides doctors. Meanwhile, you should be able to find providers of other specialties, including neurologists, pulmonologists, dermatologists, etc. You may need to change the condition under which you are looking. For example, if you want a pulmonologist, try looking under interstitial lung disease.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *