Let our work to support those with myositis and their loved ones be a part of your legacy. Planned gifts allow us to secure our future and work to expand programs, extend our mission, and reach more of the myositis community to help them in more effective and exciting ways.
Thank you for your interest and support. The gifts you plan today will create a solid foundation for TMA tomorrow and far into the future.
You’ll need the following details to make a planned gift to support TMA:
- Legal Name: The Myositis Association, Inc.
- Tax I.D. Number: 54-1660976
- Incorporated in: VA
Once you’ve made a gift, please let us know! We’d love the opportunity to thank you and invite you to join The Myositis Association Legacy Society.
Planned Giving Options
Planned giving allows TMA, you and your loved ones to benefit at the same time. Discuss the following options (and other innovative gifts!) with your financial advisor to find the best option for you and your loved ones:
- Include a gift from your will or trust (cash, specific property, or a share of the estate)
- Use appreciated property instead of cash to make your gift
- Name TMA as beneficiary of your retirement plan, and leave less-taxed assets to family
- Make a contribution to a pooled income fund. Create a life-income plan like a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder annuity trust or charitable remainder unitrust
- Establish a deferred gift annuity
- Create a new life insurance policy, or donate a paid-up policy of coverage you no longer need
- Create a charitable lead trust to pay income to TMA for a fixed time, then pay the remainder to your heirs
- Make an outright gift from your donor-advised fund or name us as the ultimate beneficiary of the remainder in the fund
- And other innovative planned giving options
We would love to talk with you confidentially about the opportunities for you to support our endowment. We can also share more information with you about planned gifts and how they can meet your personal, financial and philanthropic goals.Let’s Talk
Connect Us With Your Financial Advisor
We understand that financial, philanthropic and estate goals are unique to the individual. For this reason we welcome the opportunity to work with your financial advisor as you incorporate your philanthropic objectives into well-crafted estate plans.
Please feel free to contact us directly for information or assistance on a confidential basis. Call us at 1-800-821-7356 or 703-553-2631 for assistance.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations including your charitable interests takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you. Discussing your charitable intentions with us can lead to a much better result than going it alone — and will ensure that your gift is used just as you wish.
Act now to take the steps you need to be a good steward of the resources you intend to leave behind.