Please consider supporting people with myositis and their loved ones as part of your long-term legacy. Planned and legacy gifts allow TMA to secure our future by expanding programs, extending our reach, and more effectively helping the myositis community.
Thank you for your interest and support. The gifts you plan today will create a strong foundation for TMA tomorrow and far into the future.
When you make a planned gift to support TMA, you may need the following information:
- Legal Name: The Myositis Association, Inc.
- Tax I.D. Number: 54-1660976
- Incorporated in: VA
Once you’ve made a gift, please let us know! We’d love the opportunity to thank you and invite you to join The Myositis Association Legacy Society.
Planned Giving Options
Planned giving allows you and your loved ones to benefit at the same time you support TMA. Please discuss the following options (and other innovative gifts!) with your financial advisor to find the best option for you and your loved ones. Please consider:
- Including a gift from your will or trust (a specific amount or a percentage of the estate).
- Using appreciated stock or property instead of cash to make your gift.
- Naming TMA as the beneficiary of your retirement plan to maximize tax savings for your family.
- Designating TMA through a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder annuity trust, or charitable remainder unitrust.
- Establishing a deferred gift annuity.
- Creating a new life insurance policy, or donate a paid-up policy of coverage you no longer need.
- Creating a charitable lead trust to pay income to TMA for a fixed time and then pay the remainder to your heirs.
- Make a gift from your donor-advised fund or name TMA as the ultimate beneficiary of the remainder in the fund.
- Making other innovative gifts based on your financial advisor’s recommendation.
We would love to talk with you confidentially about giving opportunities to support our work. We can also share more information with you about planned gifts and how they can meet your personal, financial, and philanthropic goals.Let’s Talk
Connect Us With Your Financial Advisor
We understand that financial, philanthropic, and estate goals are unique for every person. We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your financial advisor as you incorporate your philanthropic objectives into your estate plans. Discussing your charitable intentions with us can lead to a much better result than going it alone, and this will ensure that your gift is used just as you wish.
Please feel free to contact us directly for information or assistance on a confidential basis. Call us at 1-800-821-7356 or 703-553-2631 for assistance.
Thank you for your generous support of TMA and taking the time to discern the legacy you want to leave to this courageous community of patients and families.