Hearing the words "juvenile myositis" spoken about your child can be overwhelming and frightening. These pages bring together informative materials and valuable insights to help parents face the challenges of JM with knowledge and confidence.
- What to Expect. Learn more about JM, medicines used to treat it, how doctors test for and monitor disease activity, and possible side effects and complications.
- Talking with Your Child. Read how other parents have effectively communicated with their children about the disease and its impact on their lives.
- Emotional Concerns. Recognize what you can do to help your child who has JM, other family members, and yourself.
- Practical Issues. Discover useful strategies and modifications to get around obstacles JM families often face—with tips for nutrition, school accommodations and more.
- JM Programs. Find out what programs and services are available through TMA for families living with juvenile myositis.
Updated March 2012