We’re excited to have you at this year’s Annual Patient Conference. Find the details you’ll need to plan your trip to Minneapolis below.
Reserve Your Hotel Room
The conference will take place at the DoubleTree in Minneapolis South. Reserve your hotel room.
DoubleTree by Hilton Bloomington – Minneapolis South
September 5-8, 2019
7800 Normandale Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55439
Group code: TMA9
TMA Group Rate is $112 per night. The rate applies from 9/3/19 – 9/9/19. Book your room now as that group rate will only be available until August 12, 2019.
Getting to the Hotel
From the airport, take I-494 West and exit at Highway 100 North. From there, exit at Industrial Boulevard and the DoubleTree Hotel will be located directly off of the exit.
- DoubleTree Hotel Shuttle (FREE): 952-835-7800
- Taxi Cab ($31-$38): Taxi service at Terminal 1 is accessible via the Tram Level (Level T). Signs direct passengers one level up to the taxi starter booth, where airport staff will assist passengers in obtaining a taxi. At Terminal 2, taxi service is available at the Ground Transport Center, located on the ground level of the Purple Ramp directly across from the terminal building.
- Super Shuttle ($25 one way): 800-835-7800
Power Wheelchair and Scooter Rentals
- Scooter and Wheelchair Rentals (Free Pick Up and Delivery): 855-467-4146
- Scootaround: 855-517-4462
- Dahl Medical Supply: 612-334-3159
Things to Do
There’s lots to do and explore in Minneapolis and nearby St. Paul, Minnesota outside of your time at the Annual Patient Conference.
Visit the Mall of America
Enjoy shopping at the Mall of America, the largest shopping center in the United States. Attractions located in the mall include:
- SEA LIFE Aquarium
- Nickelodeon Universe
- FlyOver America
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co
- Cadillac Ranch All American Bar & Grill
- Rainforest Café
- And more!
Experience Prince’s Minneapolis
Did you know the pop-star legend Prince was from Minneapolis? Prince had a special connection to his hometown and visited home frequently, even after reaching superstardom. Visit Paisley Park to learn more about Prince, his music and his connection to his hometown.
Check Out Free & Inexpensive Family Activities
Minneapolis is full of family-friendly activities that you can do for free or without spending much. Stick around Minneapolis for a few days after the conference to work your way through this list of 23 Free & Inexpensive Family Activities.
Go to the Zoo
Explore a Museum
Did you know there are over 50 museums in Minneapolis? From the Weisman Art Museum, designed by the whimsical architect Frank Gehry, to Historic Fort Snelling to the Minnesota State Capitol, there’s a museum in Minneapolis for everyone.
See you in Minneapolis this September! We hope you’ll enjoy the Annual Patient Conference and have the opportunity to spend some time exploring what the city has to offer.