The following list of published research is intended to serve as a resource for study of inflammatory myopathies.
- Marie I, Hatron PY, Dominique S, Cherin P, Mouthon L, Menard JF. Short-term and long-term outcomes of interstitial lung disease in polymyositis and dermatomyositis: a series of 107 patients. http://www.nbci.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21702020.
- Chester V. Oddis, Ann M. Reed, Rohit Aggarwal, Lisa G. Rider, Dana P. Ascherman, Marc C. Levesque, Richard J. Barohn, Brian M. Feldman, Michael O. Harris-Love, Diane C. Koontz, Noreen Fertig, Stephanie S. Kelley, Sherrie L. Pryber, Frederick W. Miller, Howard E. Rockette, and the RIM Study Group. Rituzimab in the Treatment of Refractory Adult and Juvenile Dermatomyositis and Adult Polymyositis . Arthritis & Rheumatism. Vol. 65, No. 2, February 2013, pp 314-324 DOI 10.1002/art.37754
- Todd Levine. Treating refractory dermatomyositis or polymyositis with adrenocorticotropic hormone gel: a restrospective case series . Drug Design, Development and Therapy 2012:6 133-139
- Tahseen Mozaffar & Alan Pestronk. Myopathy with anti-Ko-1 antibodies: pathology in perimysium and neighbouring muscle fibres. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2000; 68: 472-478.
- Elena Schiopu, Kristine Phillips, Paul M MacDonald, Leslie Crofford and Emily Somers. Predictors of survival in a cohort of patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositis: effects of corticosteriods, methotrexate and azathioprine. Arthrithis Research Ther. Published online 2012 January 21. doi: 10.1186/ar3704.
- Michael Benatar, MD. Dermatomyositis-Etanercept Trial. Journal Watch Neurology. October 4, 2011.
- E.C. Ebert. Review Article: Gastrointestinal_Ebert.pdf. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 31, 359-365.
- Andrew L. Mammen. Dermatomyositis and polymyositis Clinical presentation, autoantibodies, and pathogenesis. New York Academy of Sciences. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1184 (2010) 134-153.
- Andrew L. Mammen, Livia A. Casciola-Rosen, John C. Hall, Lisa Christopher-Stine, Andrea M. Corse, and Anthony Rosen. Expression of the Dermatomyositis Autoantigen Mi-2 in Regenerating Muscle. Arthritis & Rheumatism. Col. 60, No. 12, December 2009, pp 3784-3793. DOI 10.1002/art.24977.
- Jennie T. Clarke and Victoria P. Werth. Rheumatic_manifestations_of_skin_disease.14.pdf. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 2010, 22:78-84. DOI:10.1097/BOR.0b013e328333b9e2.
- GUO Li-shao, ZHANG Jian-zhong. When and how should the patients with dematomyositis be assessed for interstitial lung disease? Chinese Medical Journal, 2010, Vol. 123 No. 5; 515-516.
- JI Su-yun, ZENG Fan-qin, GUO Quing, TAN Guo-zhen, TANG Hong-feng, LUO Yi-jin, TANG Zeng-qi, HAN Yan-fang. Predictive factors and unfavorable prognostic factors of interstitial lung disease in patients with polymyositis or dermatomyositis: a retrospective study. Chinese Medical Journal, 2010, Vol. 123 No. 5: 517-522.
- WANG Yue, CUI Li-ying, CHEN Lin, LIU Ming-sheng, QI Xin, LI Ben-hong, DU Hua. Nerve conduction studies in patients with dermatomyositis or polymyositis. Chinese Medical Journal, 2010, Vol. 123 No 5: 523-526.
- Rider, Lachenbruch, Monroe, Ravelli, Cabalar, Feldman, Villalba, Myones, Pachman, Rennebohm, Reed and Miller for the IMACS Groups. Damage Extent and Predictors in Adult Juvenile Dermatomyositis and Polymyositis as determined with the myositis damage index. Arthritis & Rheumatism; vol. 60, No. 11, November 2009, pp 3425-3435. DOI 10.1002/art.24904.
- Annaliese Tisseverasinghe, Sasha Bernatsky, Christian A. Pineau. cardio_pm_dm.pdf. The Journal of Rheumatology 2009: 36:9; doi: 10.3899/jrheum.090061.
- Mastaglia FL. When the Treatment Doesn't Work:Polymyositis . Practical Neurology. 2008 Dec 2; 18:45:59
2006 - 2007
- Callen JP, Wortmann RL. Dermatomyositis . Clinics in Dermatology. 2006;24:363-73.
- Yuen-Li C, Alexanderson H, Pipitone N, Morrison C, Dastmalchi M, Stahl-Hallengren C, et al. Creatine supplements in patients with idiopathic inflammatory myopthies who are clinically weak after conventional pharmacologic treatment: six-month, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2007 May 15;57(4):694-702.
- Danya S, Werth VP. Improvement of dermatomyositis rash associated with the use of antiestrogen medication. Archives of Dermatology. 2006;142:70-2.
- Edge JC, Outland JD, Dempsey JR, Callen JP. Mycophenolate mofetil as an effective corticosteroid-sparing therapy for recalcitrant dermatomyositis . Archives of Dermatology. 2006;142:65-9.
2001 - 2005
- Danieli MG, et al. Cyclosporin A and intravenous immunoglobulin treatment in polymyositis/dermatomyositis. Ann Rheum Dis 61: 37-41, 2002
- S.M. Sultan et al. Outcome in patients with idiopathic inflammatory myopathy . Rheumatology 2002; 41:22–26.
- Cherin P, et al. Results and long-term followup of intravenous immunoglobulin infusions in chronic, refractory polymyositis. Arthritis Rheum 46 (2): 467-474, 2002
- Marie M, et al. Polymyositis and dermatomyositis: Short term and longterm outcome, and predictive factors of prognosis. J Rheumatol 28: 2230-7, 2001
- van Engelen, GJD et al. Dermatomyositis and polymyositis in Europe exhibits a latitudinal gradient . Ann Rheum Dis 2000;59;141-142.
1996 - 2000
- Villalba L, et al. Treatment of refractory myositis. A randomized crossover study of two new cytotoxic regimens. Arthritis Rheum 41 (3): 392-399, 1998
- Adams EM, et al. A pilot study: Use of fludarabine for refractory dermatomyositis and polymyositis, and examination of endpoint measures. J Rheumatol 26: 352-360, 1999.
- Vencovsky J, et al. Cyclosporine A versus methotrexate in the treatment of polymyositis and dermatomyositis. Scand J Rheumatol 29: 95-102, 2000
1991 - 1995
- Cherin P, et al. Efficacy of intravenous gammaglobulin therapy in chronic refractory polymyositis and dermatomyositis: An open study with 20 adult patients. Am J Med 91: 162-168, 1991
- Miller FW, et al. Controlled trial of plasma exchange and leukapheresis in polymyositis and dermatomyositis. N Engl J Med 326: 1380-1384, 1992
- Dalakas MC, et al. A controlled trial of high-dose intravenous immune globulin infusions as treatment for dermatomyositis. N Engl J Med: 329: 1993-2000, 1993
- Cherin P, et al. Intravenous gamma globulin as first line therapy in polymyositis and dermatomyositis: An open study in 11 adult patients. J Rheumatol 21: 1092-1097, 1994